Professional Kitchen Programme
The Professional Kitchen Programme is for a duration of 3 months and is designed for beginners looking for an international standard, professional cooking programme.
The Professional Kitchen Programme focuses on teaching all the fundamental techniques for cooking and food handling, and prepares students to become professional chefs suitable for entry-level positions (commis) in any restaurant kitchen globally. Key features of the programme are:
- Students will spend approximately 70% of their time learning culinary technique (French classical) with the remainder of the programme devoted to the application of these acquired skills to world cuisines.
- All subjects are developed and taught in a practical environment (90% hands on) where students will be able to learn, understand, create and develop their skills in cooking.
- The class size is restricted to 12 students only. SCAFA ensures a Teacher Pupil Ratio of 1:6, whenever there are more than 6 students in the class, the school will ensure the presence of a second teacher so that each student gets the individual attention neccessary for a professional culinary programme.
|Week 11 - 13||
Programme fees cover:
- All course and study material
- Ingredients, tool and equipment
- Candidates should have a secondary school education and should be 18 years of age to be able to participate in the Work Placement Programme.