CIF Culinary Internship France
A great opportunity for your students to enjoy a unique professional and personal experience!
We believe in starting with basic classical methods and techniques for training so that once you qualify as a trained chef you can apply your new skills in any kitchen globally.
In 2019 SCAFA made an agreement with the Business & Hotel Management School, BHMS Culinary Academy, Lucerne, Switzerland.
This agreement is a tremendous opportunity for SCAFA graduates to obtain dual UK and Swiss BA Degrees as a continuation of their culinary qualifications
This is the result of BHMS recognizing SCAFA alumni and their SCAFA qualifications for advanced placement into the dual Bachelor in Culinary Arts awarded by BHMS Switzerland and the Robert Gordon University of UK jointly.
This is the ONLY International BA Culinary Opportunity in the country.
Students who are looking to advance their careers in culinary globally can choose this option.
- Studying the Combination Program for 6 months at SCAFA Lahore
- Completing mandatory work placement with one of our hotel partners in the UAE (organized by SCAFA) or for 9-12 Months with a restaurant or hotel partner in Pakistan
- learning at BHMS for 12 months (direct admission into the final year in BHMS Switzerland) – 6 months of educational training and 6 months of paid internship in Switzerland (organized by BHMS)
The third and final year, leading to a BA in Culinary Arts (taken at BHMS), builds on students’ existing culinary competencies and experience, to deepen and build practical, leadership, and business skills.
- Inter-disciplinary management of food service operations, including customer service, resource planning, and management
- New product development
- Molecular cuisine, technology applications
- Managing teams in the kitchen labs
- The training is followed by remunerated internship of 6 months assured by BHMS.
To see the full program on our partner BHMS’s site
1. Interview with BHMS admin team to be able to attend the final year placement
2. Interview with SCAFA team to confirm if the candidate has good English language skills and is capable of completing this course and has the ability to manage the work experience and ability to travel to Switzerland
3. Good English speaking skills
4. High School Certification
5. Minimum 16 years of age to be allowed onto this pathway option – for UAE placement candidate has to be 18 years old otherwise placement will be conducted in Pakistan